Please note that while we are doing our best to keep this calendar up to date, we may not track everything.
- If the class is adult ed, please contact your teacher.
- If it is a meeting, please contact the head of the committee.
- If it is an event that is not virtual, it is likely cancelled or postponed.
- If it is a religious service, please click here for the virtual services webpage.
- Our Coronvirus webpage is regularly being updated with information, including events that are being offered, click here.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
- This event has passed.
Abraham Accords – Israel Signs Peace Agreement with the UAE and Declaration of Peace with Bahrain
Monday, November 16 | 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Monday, November 16, 7:00pm
Please join us for an opportunity to discuss the implications of the Abraham Accords with Israel’s Deputy Counsel General, Matan Zamir.
On September 11, 2020, Israel and Bahrain announced their intention to establish full diplomatic relations, just a number of weeks after Israel and the UAE announced their intention to sign a peace treaty. On September 15, 2020, a peace agreement between Israel, the UAE, and Bahrain was signed in a formal ceremony in Washington. Together with the United States, Israel, the UAE, and Bahrain further signed the trilateral Abraham Accords Declaration.
Deputy Consul General Matan Zamir will talk about the implications for the Accords, both for Israel and the Middle East as a whole and, specifically, for the Palestinians and Iran.
Co-sponsored by Neveh Shalom Israel360 and The Jewish Federation of Greater Portland