Please note that while we are doing our best to keep this calendar up to date, we may not track everything.
- If the class is adult ed, please contact your teacher.
- If it is a meeting, please contact the head of the committee.
- If it is an event that is not virtual, it is likely cancelled or postponed.
- If it is a religious service, please click here for the virtual services webpage.
- Our Coronvirus webpage is regularly being updated with information, including events that are being offered, click here.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
- This event has passed.
Across the Pew: Jews and Evangelicals Creating Friendship Through Understanding
Sunday, February 21 | 7:00 pm - 8:15 pm
One event on February 28, 2021 at 7:00 pm
One event on March 14, 2021 at 7:00 pm
Sundays: February 21, 28, and March 14, 7:00-8:15pm
Friendship is one of God’s greatest medicines. To be known, respected, and understood is a powerful blessing. It restores hope and creates trust. Our country and our state need us to develop friendships across the pew so that we can treasure our differences, see one another’s humanity, and forge a genuine sense of unity.
Congregation Neveh Shalom and Roseburg Alliance Church will host three Zoom sessions where we will get to ask and discuss some of the big questions that divide us as well as examine our shared values and hopes. Our communities are located in different parts of Oregon, and our political views are often quite different as well. As people of faith, we know that we are all God’s children and trust in that love which connects us. Through these gatherings, we will come to experience those mutual bonds. We hope you will join us.
Registration will be limited to 15 participants from each community. Individuals will be expected to attend all three sessions so friendships have a chance to develop.
To register, please email: email@example.com.