Please note that while we are doing our best to keep this calendar up to date, we may not track everything.
- If the class is adult ed, please contact your teacher.
- If it is a meeting, please contact the head of the committee.
- If it is an event that is not virtual, it is likely cancelled or postponed.
- If it is a religious service, please click here for the virtual services webpage.
- Our Coronvirus webpage is regularly being updated with information, including events that are being offered, click here.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Adult Ed: “The Bible With and Without Jesus: How Jews and Christians Read the Same Bible Differently” with Rabbi Daniel Isaak
Thursday, January 21 | 10:30 am - 11:30 am
An event every week that begins at 10:30 am on Thursday, repeating until April 8, 2021
Thursdays, 10:30-11:30am, 12 sessions from January 21-April 8
While Christians see original sin in the story of Adam and Eve, Jews do not. That is possible because we both read our Scripture in light of our long traditions: the New Testament versus Talmud and commentary. Employing a recently published scholarly book, we will explore how sister religions derive contradictory affirmations from identical passages.
Cost: $25. Register with Lisa Marie at: email@example.com or 503-246-8831.
Order the book: The Bible With and Without Jesus by Levine & Brettler (Amazon has it for hardcover $29.99, Kindle$16.99 – order with Amazon Smile and give a percentage to Neveh Shalom).