Please note that while we are doing our best to keep this calendar up to date, we may not track everything.
- If the class is adult ed, please contact your teacher.
- If it is a meeting, please contact the head of the committee.
- If it is an event that is not virtual, it is likely cancelled or postponed.
- If it is a religious service, please click here for the virtual services webpage.
- Our Coronvirus webpage is regularly being updated with information, including events that are being offered, click here.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
- This event has passed.
CNS Sisterhood Book Group – The World We Knew
Monday, November 30 | 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Join the Sisterhood members in this book discussion of The World We Knew by Alice Hoffman.
RSVP for link: email@example.com
About the book:
In Berlin, at the time when the world changed, Hanni Kohn knows she must send her twelve-year-old daughter away to save her from the Nazi regime. She finds her way to a renowned rabbi, but it’s his daughter, Ettie, who offers hope of salvation when she creates a mystical Jewish creature, a rare and unusual golem, who is sworn to protect Lea. Once Ava is brought to life, she and Lea and Ettie become eternally entwined, their paths fated to cross, their fortunes linked.
Lea and Ava travel from Paris, where Lea meets her soulmate, to a convent in western France known for its silver roses; from a school in a mountaintop village where three thousand Jews were saved. Meanwhile, Ettie is in hiding, waiting to become the fighter she’s destined to be.
What does it mean to lose your mother? How much can one person sacrifice for love? In a world where evil can be found at every turn, we meet remarkable characters that take us on a stunning journey of loss and resistance, the fantastical and the mortal, in a place where all roads lead past the Angel of Death and love is never ending.