Please note that while we are doing our best to keep this calendar up to date, we may not track everything.
- If the class is adult ed, please contact your teacher.
- If it is a meeting, please contact the head of the committee.
- If it is an event that is not virtual, it is likely cancelled or postponed.
- If it is a religious service, please click here for the virtual services webpage.
- Our Coronvirus webpage is regularly being updated with information, including events that are being offered, click here.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
- This event has passed.
Oneg Shabbat Siddur Appreciation Shabbat with Ilene Safyan
May 3, 2019 | 6:15 pm - 7:00 pm
Thirty years ago, during our 120th year, a group of congregants spent a year developing a prayerbook that featured gender-neutral language. At the time, this was a necessary endeavor as nothing existed that would meet our needs. From that labor of love, our Oneg Shabbat siddur was published. It has faithfully served us. Thirty years later, our movement’s prayerbooks, and especially our new Lev Shalem siddur, feature much better, gender-balanced language. Additionally, it provides more transliterations, and helpful commentary to deepen our prayer experience. As such, it is time to celebrate the retirement of our Oneg Shabbat prayerbook and to thank those who were involved in its creation.
We will have an opportunity to hear from Elaine Cogan, who chaired the committee. Please join us for this special farewell tribute.