Please note that while we are doing our best to keep this calendar up to date, we may not track everything.
- If the class is adult ed, please contact your teacher.
- If it is a meeting, please contact the head of the committee.
- If it is an event that is not virtual, it is likely cancelled or postponed.
- If it is a religious service, please click here for the virtual services webpage.
- Our Coronvirus webpage is regularly being updated with information, including events that are being offered, click here.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
- This event has passed.
Lone Soldier Interview with Naomi Shapiro, Rabbi Isaak’s Niece
Sunday, March 21 | 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
IDF servicemen and women without immediate family in Israel are honored in Israel as Lone Soldiers. Naomi Shapiro, Rabbi Daniel Isaak’s niece, recently completed her service as a Lone Soldier. Despite variations by year, these young people average 5000 in number—1500 to 2000 from the US–40% serving in combat units.
Naomi grew up in Cleveland. She joins us from Jerusalem, now an Olah Hadashah, newly enrolled as an undergraduate at the Hebrew University.
Hear about her unique experiences as a young American volunteer in the Israel Defense Forces.
To reserve your space, please register at: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZAqdeGgqDssE9UgqZeuZGoptGNwrwP1O5q3
For questions, contact: Lisa Marie Lynch at firstname.lastname@example.org; 503-246-8831.