Please note that while we are doing our best to keep this calendar up to date, we may not track everything.
- If the class is adult ed, please contact your teacher.
- If it is a meeting, please contact the head of the committee.
- If it is an event that is not virtual, it is likely cancelled or postponed.
- If it is a religious service, please click here for the virtual services webpage.
- Our Coronvirus webpage is regularly being updated with information, including events that are being offered, click here.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
- This event has passed.
Maintaining Relationship with Your Teen in a Digital World
March 7, 2019 | 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
A parenting workshop for parents of 4th-12th graders
(For parents of younger children see the workshop on Tues, Mar 5)
In our session, we will discuss what you need to know about the world your teen is growing up in and how to prepare them for the present and the future of navigating the online world. During our session, we will take a look at how today’s world is different than when we were young and what the implication is for your teens and for you as parents. We will talk about the challenges your teens are uniquely facing today (from online bullying to sexting and google as the source of all information) and what steps you can take today to support them. We will discuss what conversation you need to have at what age, how to set successful boundaries, maintain open successful communication and prevent addiction and danger.
Tova Garr is the CEO and founder of From Girls 2 Women and Digiteens. Tova’s work is dedicated to strengthening the Parent – teen relationship and helping parents and educators get up to speed on what they MUST know today about raising teens in the digital world. You can find out more about Tova at: www.tovagarr.com