- This event has passed.
Tikkun Leil Shavuot: Wrestling with God and Human—the Moral Challenges of Social Issues
June 4, 2022 | 6:00 pm - 10:30 pm
Saturday, June 4, 6:00-10:30pm, In-Person, Stampfer Chapel
Our largest social issues challenge us because there are different ways to look at and solve society’s problems. It is easy to allow those moral dilemmas to divide us; thankfully the essence of the Torah and of Judaism has been a willingness to engage with different perspectives, fearlessly pursue truth, and maintain our connection and concern for one another.
This year, as we commemorate Matan Torah, the Giving of the Torah, we will celebrate our Jewish wisdom by examining three contentious topics: clean energy, abortion, and homelessness.
- 6:00-6:30pm: Erev Shavuot Service
- 6:30-7:30pm: Session One: “One soul for the sake of another”—Abortion in Jewish law with Mel Berwin
- 7:45-8:45pm: Session Two: The Challenge of Providing Clean Energy for All with Ripudaman Malhotra
- 8:45-9:15pm: Cheesecake
- 9:30-10:30pm: Session Three: The Unhoused: Good Intentions, Bad Policy, and Collective Responsibility with Andy Olshin
- 10:45-Midnight: Chevruta Study: Informal Study Hall Text Session with Rav D
No need to RSVP, we look forward to seeing you!