Please note that while we are doing our best to keep this calendar up to date, we may not track everything.
- If the class is adult ed, please contact your teacher.
- If it is a meeting, please contact the head of the committee.
- If it is an event that is not virtual, it is likely cancelled or postponed.
- If it is a religious service, please click here for the virtual services webpage.
- Our Coronvirus webpage is regularly being updated with information, including events that are being offered, click here.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
- This event has passed.
Wise Aging Class
Tuesday, February 16 | 11:15 am - 12:45 pm
An event every week that begins at 11:15 am on Tuesday, repeating until February 23, 2021
Mondays, February 2-23, 11:15am-12:45pm
Facilitated by Deb Freedberg and Barb Schwartz
There are no set instructions for getting older–for the shifts in our social and support networks, the mixed signals of entering retirement, or the surprising turns in our relationships with ourselves, our parents, our partners, friends, and colleagues. Wise Aging offers a guided path, designed to help participants discover new resources to enhance their later years with learning, growth, spirit, resilience, and wisdom. February’s program will include sessions on self-forgiveness, living with loss, and developing the middot (character traits) of equanimity and patience. There will be a maximum of 6 students.
Suggested donation for the series $75-100. Students are asked to purchase a copy of Wise Aging by Rabbi Rachel Cowan and Dr. Linda Thal.