Please note that while we are doing our best to keep this calendar up to date, we may not track everything.
- If the class is adult ed, please contact your teacher.
- If it is a meeting, please contact the head of the committee.
- If it is an event that is not virtual, it is likely cancelled or postponed.
- If it is a religious service, please click here for the virtual services webpage.
- Our Coronvirus webpage is regularly being updated with information, including events that are being offered, click here.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
- This event has passed.
Wondering Jews: Laughter Yoga
December 11, 2019 | 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Laughter Yoga can be effective sitting or standing. And you don’t even need to be happy (but it helps!). Join Laurie and Mara for playful laughter and mindful breathing exercises led by Stephen Rosenstock to stimulate joy and peace. Participation is voluntary in a noncoercive environment. Participants will be accountable for maintaining their well-being by listening to their body’s feedback and adapting or modifying activities including limiting participation or refraining to avoid discomfort. Adding laughter to one’s life can be considered a complimentary wellness practice.
Documented benefits of Laughter Yoga include:
- Stress Relief
- Pain Reduction
- Protects the Heart
- Reduced Seriousness
- Increased Oxygen Flow
- Reduced Cortisol Release
- Relaxation of the Whole Body
- Improved Immune System Function
- Increased Endorphin Response
- Higher Emotional Connection
Give it a try!