Based on the Yom Kippur sermon by Rabbi David Kosak
The Feldstein Library, located on the main floor of Congregation Neveh Shalom, boasts the most robust collection of Jewish books in the Pacific Northwest, containing 12,000 volumes to meet the diverse educational and recreational needs of Portland’s Jewish Community.
Our book holdings include strengths in several areas: contemporary Jewish related fiction, Jewish life cycle, philosophy, customs, Holocaust, genealogy, history, Bible, folktales, cooking, and biographies. We also feature a wide spectrum of traditional Jewish texts and general reference materials.
- Search our collection via the library catalog
- Resources for Religious School and adult education curricula
- Materials and assistance for B’nai Mitzvah d’var Torah preparation
- A Jewish parenting section
- Jewish-interest DVDs donated from the collection of Paul and Joan Sher
- Two computers with internet accessibility and wireless internet access
- A welcoming environment to relax, read a book to your child, study, or catch up with friends
The Feldstein Library is a free resource for members of the Congregation and many other members of Portland’s Jewish community. Please contact Kaiya Goldhammer, Librarian, for more information by email:email@example.com or phone: 503.293.7311
Check us out – we’re YOUR Library!