The Feldstein Library, located on the main floor of Congregation Neveh Shalom, boasts the most robust collection of Jewish books in the Pacific Northwest, containing over 10,000 volumes to meet the diverse educational and recreational needs of Portland’s Jewish Community.
Our book holdings include strengths in multiple areas: contemporary Jewish related fiction, Jewish life cycle, philosophy, customs, Holocaust, genealogy, history, Bible, Jewish graphic novels for all ages, folktales, cooking, biographies, and modern Hebrew language texts, both fiction and non-fiction. We also feature a wide spectrum of traditional Jewish texts and general reference materials.
- Resources for Religious School and adult education curricula
- Materials and assistance for B’nai Mitzvah d’var Torah preparation
- A Jewish parenting section
- Jewish-interest DVDs donated from the collection of Paul and Joan Sher
- One computer with internet accessibility
- Wireless internet access
- A welcoming environment to relax, read a book to your child, study, or catch up with friends
The Feldstein Library is a free resource for members of the Congregation and many other members of Portland’s Jewish community. Please contact us for more information 503.246.8831 x118, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check us out – we’re YOUR Library!
- Sundays: 8:30am –2:30pm
- Tuesdays: 9:00am – 3:00pm
- Wednesdays 2:30pm- 8:30 pm
Our catalog is now available for browsing and books are ready to be checked out. A tremendous thank you to all of the volunteers who have worked so hard to help recreate the catalog. We have a wonderful collection for all ages!
The digital world offers a bounty of online resources. Here is a gently curated list of free online Jewish resources to help with homework, research, or for the simply curious.
Are you interested in genealogy? The library is proud to house the Jewish Genealogical Society of Oregon (JGSO)’s comprehensive print collection of resources. We also have organized online resources for you.
Your support is needed!
Volunteers are always welcome and any purchase from our wish list is greatly appreciated.
Do you have books to donate?
Donations are always appreciated. Please consider the following criteria before bringing in any books:
- Donations must have been published within the last three years.
- Donations must be in excellent physical condition.
- Donations must have either contemporary significance or permanent value and be consistent with existing library collection (Jewish content).
Please do NOT bring any PJ Library books. We are already inundated with them.
Contact Our Librarian