Israel and Antisemitism: A Resource Collection
Since October 7th, 2023, the rapidly rising incidents of antisemitism and hate crimes directed against American Jews spiked again to levels unprecedented in modern history. This change in our local and national communities brings challenges to each of us, our families, and the Jewish community.
To help us navigate this new landscape, we have curated a list of valuable resources that are focused on three large areas: educational, activism, and social emotional support. Within each of these categories, you will find materials focused on particular clusters of issues or groups, as well as whether that is geared toward adults, teens, or younger children.
In a time where social media doesn’t readily distinguish between fact-based and sensationalist reporting, our goal is to provide you a vetted landing source for the information and resources you and your family need. We also hope that you will feel free to forward the link to this page to organizations with which you are connected. It is important that we help them learn more about antisemitism, antizionism, and the struggles with which the American Jewish community is contending. The more we can share the fact-based story of Israel and antisemitism with the larger world, the better that is for society and for us.
David Kosak, Senior Rabbi
Congregation Neveh Shalom, Portland, Oregon
Israel and Palestine
AJC’s Learning Portal: https://www.ajc.org/IsraelHamasWar
The American Jewish Committee is the global advocacy organization for the Jewish people and an intelligent source for carefully researched information)
The New Antisemites: This major 120-page document of serious research has been endorsed by dozens of major Jewish organizations; it uncovers a decades-long project to discredit Israel and sow the seeds for antisemitism on our college campuses and elsewhere. Click here to read.
Why is Israel being blamed for the Hamas massacre?
Erasing the legitimacy of the Israeli narrative fundamentally revives a pernicious antisemitic trope that Jews deserve their fate.
Office of the Special Envoy to Monitor and Combat Antisemitism
Holocaust historian, Ambassador Deborah Lipstadt, is the United States official who leads efforts to advance U.S. foreign policy to counter antisemitism throughout the world. Click here to read.
What We Can Do
Please note, not every entity claiming to collect charity for Israel is a legitimate actor. To the best of our abilities, these sites have been properly vetted.
- Jewish Funders Network
- Masorti Foundation Emergency Fund- Donations from USA| Donations from International
- Jewish Federation of North America
- Jewish Canada- Israel Emergency Fund
- Schecter Institute (Israel) Emergency Fund
- United Hatzalah
- Magen David Adom
- Sheba Medical Center – They have declared a state of emergency. They are massively overwhelmed and need help.
- Friends of the IDF
Getting the Support We Need – Social and Emotion Resources
- A Prayer for Israel in this Time of Warby Rabbi Naomi Levy
- A Prayer for the Shmini Atzeret Warfrom The Rabbinical Assembly and Masorti Olami
- A Prayer for the Shmini Atzeret Waren español from The Rabbinical Assembly and Masorti Olami
- A Prayer for the Shmini Atzeret Waren français from The Rabbinical Assembly and Masorti Olami
- Koren Prayer for Israel
- Koren Prayer for IDF
- Koren Prayer for Missing/Captured Individuals
- Acheinu Lyrics
- Vigil Program Scriptfrom Rabbi Aderet Drucker, The Den Collective
- Poems for Jerusalem
- Prayerby Rabbi David Wolpe
- Prayer for Israel at Warby Rabbi Michael Knopf
- Prayer for the Current Warby Rabbi Gil Nativ
- A Statement from Rabbi Jacob Blumenthal from the Masorti Global Prayer Gathering
- Hillel International Script for Prayer Vigil
- Psalms and Prayers for Israel compiled by ExploringJudaism.org
- Prayers & Tefillah Resources from ExploringJudaism.org
- D’var Torahfrom Masorti Israel’s David Arias, a reservist called to IDF duty last week
- Songs for Israel, playlist curated by Rabbi Rebecca Schatz, Temple Beth Am, Los Angeles, CA
- Poemby Rabbi Bradley Shavit Artson, Dean, Ziegler School of Rabbinic Studies, “One Dove’s Pluck”
- Prayerby Rabbi Pollack- Masorti Congregation Kehilat Sinai in Tel Aviv
- Prayer for Israelby Rabbi Moshe Smolkin, Adath Israel Congregation, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Worldwide Kabbalat Shabbat- USCJ prayer booklet
- Masorti Solidarity Shabbat Resources
You can also Light Candles in Memory of those who fell on October 7th until the war ends
- How to talk to children, from Kveller.com – Click here
- American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psych about talking to children on terrorism and war, click here.
- Free resources to help children process from The Jewish Moment, click here.
- Talking to Children about war
- Talking to Kids about the war in Israel
- NewCAJE: Talking to children about war
- PJ Library: Talking to children about difficult situations
- How to prevent exposure to graphic media
- Tips for discussing Israel with children with disabilities and
- Canadian Jewish News: How to Talk to Anxious Kids About The Conflict in Israel
- Understanding what’s happening, Jewish Unpacked
Want to do more for the world?
If you are wanting to do more to help bring healing to our world, the re-energized Tikkun Olam/Social Action Committee is a great place to explore The focus of our committee will be housing and homelessness, climate justice, immigrant & refugee rights, and social equity & inclusion (people of color, LGBTQIA+ community, people with disabilities, etc.).
For more information, contact us:
Marlene Edenzon, Executive Director
Liza Milliner, President
Rabbi David Kosak
Rabbi Eve Posen
Michelle Caplan, Assistant Executive Director
Lisa Richmond, Program Director